- 1. Credit Card and Personal Information Security.
OrientalTrading.com takes reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. OrientalTrading.comâs website is equipped with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software which means all personal data you send us (name, address, credit card information, etc.) is encrypted during the transmission process and can only be read by a limited group in our Customer Service and Finance Departments.
Shopping with OrientalTrading.com is 100% secure - guaranteed!
- 2. PCI Compliance. Security of your credit card and other payment information is important to us. We meet or exceed all requirements of the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) as established by the PCI Security Standards Council to protect your cardholder data. We employ a variety of methods, including firewalls, to keep your payment information secure.
- 3. Information You Provide. OrientalTrading.com receives stores and uses the information you provide us. You provide us with your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card information and other information when you do such things as place an order, enter a contest or giveaway, sign up for promotional emails, request a catalog or make use of other aspects of our website. That information is used to communicate with you, process your order, administer contests or giveaways, provide catalogs or provide other information that you request, collect payment for products and services you purchase, respond to your questions, customize your shopping experience and otherwise with your consent or as permitted and required by law. We may also use this information to send you information about other products and services that you may be interested in.
- 5. E-mail Addresses. We do not rent, share, or exchange our customers' email addresses (except as described in paragraph 8 below), but we do use these addresses for our own promotional email marketing. You can opt out of receiving promotional emails anytime. Instructions on how to opt out are included in every promotional email or you may opt out here.
- 6. Mailing Addresses. Your mailing address may be added to our paper catalog mailing list. In that event, you may receive Oriental Trading Company catalogs or other catalog titles affiliated with Oriental Trading Company. From time to time, that mailing list may be shared, rented or exchanged with other responsible businesses. If you do not want your name shared with businesses not affiliated with Oriental Trading Company, or if you do not want to receive Oriental Trading Company catalogs, please call 1-800-348-6483 or fax 1-800-327-8904. Please allow 2-4 weeks to process your request.
- 7. Information from Other Sources. To the extent permitted by law, we may also receive information about you from other sources and add it to our account information. For example, we sometimes receive updated delivery and address information from our shippers or other sources so that we can correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more efficiently.
- 8. Sharing Information. Except as noted above, we may share information about our customers in a variety of ways. We share customer information among the businesses affiliated with OrientalTrading.com. We may share customer information with merchants whose websites link with ours. We may also employ other businesses or consultants to perform functions such as sending mail or e-mail, analyzing data and customer lists, processing accounts receivable, marketing or other functions. In those situations, third parties will have access to customer information for the purpose of performing their functions. Though we do not rent, share or exchange customer email addresses in the ordinary course of business, we may sell, transfer or assign customer information in connection with a merger, consolidation, sale of assets or similar business transaction. We may disclose your personal information to a third party advertising partner and its service providers. The information we disclose may include your transactional information with us. Our advertising partner makes the data we provide anonymous and does not use your personal information such as your name, address, and email address to deliver advertising to you that is tailored to your interests. To choose not to have your transactional information given to, or used by, our third-party advertising partner in this way, click here.
- For additional information about third party online advertising, including a method of opting-out of such advertising, click here; and to additionally opt-out of direct online advertising provided by Oriental Trading Company, click here.
- 9. Access to Customer Information. Customers can update their billing information by accessing their account in the My Account section at OrientalTrading.com. There is also an email address update link in every promotional email you receive from us.
- 10. Children. OrientalTrading.com does not sell products for purchase by children. Although we sell products intended for use by children, those products are intended for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use OrientalTrading.com only with permission of or supervision by a parent or guardian.
- 11. P3P. The Platform for Privacy Preferences Project (P3P) provides a standardized method for Web sites to communicate their privacy practices to visitors in an automated, machine readable format. Our Web site is P3P enabled. If your browser supports P3P, it can automatically read our privacy policies and compare them to your own set of privacy preferences.
- 12. EU GDPR. This website conducts business solely in the United States. This website does not offer goods or services to subjects in the European Union and does not accept orders from subjects in the European Union. Further, this website does not monitor behavior of subjects in the European Union for subsequent data processing, profiling or predicting personal preferences, behaviors or attitudes.
Last updated: May 25, 2018