We are the nation's largest direct merchant of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of school supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. OTC has been recognized as one of the Top 100 Internet Retailers and one of the Top 50 Catalog Companies.
We began in 1932 as one of the nation's first wholesalers of value-priced novelties and gifts. We became a major supplier to the U.S. carnival trade in the 1950's before expanding in the 1970's by using catalogs and direct marketing to target consumers, retailers and businesses. In the 1980's, our first toll-free telephone number and seasonal catalogs brought continued growth. As the Internet grew in popularity in the late 1990's, we found a new way to reach its ever-growing number of customers.
Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway saw tremendous value and growth opportunity in OTC and made the decision to purchase our company in 2012. Operating from the Berkshire Hathaway philosophy, we acquired MindWare Holdings, Inc. in 2013 and SmileMakers in 2014. MindWare is a manufacturer, wholesaler, and direct retailer of "brainy toys for kids of all ages" that complements the OTC family of educational products. SmileMakers is the leading brand catering to the dental and health care markets, helping to expand the consumer reach for both Oriental Trading Company and SmileMakers.
Today, we continue to serve customers through colorful catalogs and the Internet. We offer more than 40,000 products to meet the needs of businesses, not-for-profit organizations, individuals, schools, churches and teachers.
We are headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska which is also home to four Fortune 500 companies. Forbes Magazine ranked Omaha sixth on the American's Most Livable Cities list based upon employment, income growth, cost of living, and arts and leisure opportunities.
We employ approximately 2,000 employees at several locations in the greater Omaha metropolitan area and are a strong, growing and entrepreneurial company. A recipient of the prestigious Omaha 25 Awards for Corporate Citizenship and the National Communitas Award for Corporate Social Responsibility - Making A Difference, we work hard to make the world a better place to live, work and play.
We're committed to outstanding customer service offering easy ordering, speedy delivery and no-hassle return policies. Our websites have both the VeriSign Secure Site Seal and the Better Business Bureau Online Reliability Seal.
- Oriental Trading: Novelties, toys, party supplies, crafts, gift items for every holiday and year-round fun. To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Crafts: Easy-to-do craft kits for every occasion and season. To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Inspirations: Religious gift items, decorations, novelties and more. To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Party: Everything you need for life's celebrations! To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Hands on Fun: Creativity for the classroom! To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Scrapbooking: Your one stop for unlimited paper crafting possibilities! To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Jewelry Making: Your link to beading fun! To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
- Wedding: Everything for showers, ceremony, reception & more! To request a catalog, call 800.875.8480
We have been Making The World More Fun for over 80 years. We also work hard to make the world a better place to live, work and play. Together with our national and community partners, the Oriental Trading Corporate Giving program is in place to enhance the enrichment of the lives of children through education, youth programming, healthcare and human services.
We support organizations and programs in the following areas: Education, Youth, Healthcare, and Human Services. In particular, we support organizations and programs that serve to improve the lives of children and youth, with an emphasis on education and youth programs or which are dedicated to improving or providing healthcare and human services.
Donations may consist of cash, Oriental Trading product, or a combination of both.
To be eligible under the Oriental Trading Corporate Giving Program, organizations must have a current tax exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended, or be a public school, college or university operated exclusively for public purposes.
Individuals or membership associations who support political candidates, legislation or campaigns, or benefit private individuals are not eligible under this program.
All applications must be made using the application form.
Any or all applications may be approved or rejected in our sole discretion.
Check back for updates to our guidelines and application process.
We not only Make The World More Fun, we are helping to make the world a better place to live.
Our dedication to the environment is stronger today than ever before. By partnering with paper mills that promote re-forestation to recycling tons of boxes and paper each year, we do everything we can to reduce our use of natural resources.
Committing to the environment is one thing. Recognizing we need to do more is another.
You can count on us to continually seek opportunities to improve our business practices in many different areas.
Are you a blogger or vlogger looking to partner with Oriental Trading or have questions about opportunities for bloggers? Simply fill out this form so we may contact you.
- Oriental Trading’s catalog's, products, websites and entertaining tips have been featured in print, online and on television through well–known media including: Martha Stewart Living, In Style, Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Better Homes and Gardens, Child, Parents, Sesame Street Parents, Seventeen, Family Life, Familyfun.com, Woman's World and First for Women”
- The National Retail Foundation's STORIES magazine rated as one of the top 100 internet retailers.
- Links to Oriental Trading are featured regularly on the Direct Marketing Association's (DMA) consumer Web site. Consumers who shop from companies listed on the Web site have the assurance that the companies adhere to the ethical guidelines of DMA. I-Merchants Cybercritic recently gave OrientalTrading.com high marks for the site's "fun" aspect, graphics, navigation and overall ease of use.
- The Omaha Chamber of Commerce named us one of Omaha's Fastest Growing Companies three consecutive years.